Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Fortune Cookie Game

I didn't get any suggestions for last night's dinner (I need comments, people!) so we fell weak and ordered Chinese take out. Even though I did eat a couple 'crack rangoons' (as Jamers calls them) my main dish was pretty healthy overall. 


I opted for chicken and shrimp with grilled veggies with my sauce on the side to reduce the amount of sugar/sodium I ate. As with any meal from a Chinese takeout restaurant, I had plenty of leftovers for lunch. So much that I even shared today's lunch with my friend, Rob!

Of course, the best part of any Chinese dinner is the fortune cookie! Although, I will say that fortunes just aren't what they used to be. They aren't really 'fortunes' as much as they are just little tidbits of advice. 


What does that mean for my fortune?! Oh well, it's still fun to play the game where you put 'in bed' after your fortune. C'mon, we've all done it!

Hump Day was a good day that started off with a bagel thin topped with two of my favorite foods - banana and peanut butter!




You just CAN'T go wrong with this combo. I worked diligently through the morning hours and before I knew it, lunchtime slash workout time rolled around and I was off to Zumba!

I absolutely love to do Zumba! I missed it last Wednesday due to the 4th of July and I was more than ready to get back to it. I am very lucky to work for a company that offers several workout classes, a full service gym and a personal trainer to all of it's employees. Our Zumba instructor is also a local newscaster for Fox 59 and she does an amazing job of teaching us how to move. Her name is Jenny Anchondo and here is a link to fitness webpage:


Jenny is extremely inspirational and such a hard worker! I look forward to dancing the hour away with her every Wednesday. It was pointless to have even styled my hair this morning though, as I was dripping with sweat by the time I got back to my desk and ate my Chinese leftovers (with some pretzels & hummus, strawberries and Greek yogurt!)

The rest of the afternoon went by pretty quickly and I got out of work at a decent time which was good because I had a few errands to run. I have a floating trip coming up on Saturday, and I bought a bunch of food to prepare for that! Plus I desperately needed a car wash, so it was off to Mike's Carwash for old Ebenezer. (Yes, my car has a name!)

When I got home and finished feeding the pets, it was time to blog while my wonderful husband made dinner. Seth, however, had other plans for me.

First, you will pet me. Then I'll get off of the briefcase.
He's pretty irresistible, huh? I stopped half-way through writing this post to eat my dinner, because I felt really hungry! But when I got to eating, I couldn't finish my whole chicken breast and had to get some help from Jamers. He made the Lemon Basil Chicken from Eat Yourself Skinny (we're on a kick with that site lately) with a side salad. Delicious!



And since the first couple of evenings this week have been so busy, we're finally going to catch up on some of our DVR space. Smile, everyone! We're over the hump!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment