Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Salads Galore

Good evening, and happy August!


I apologize for the lack of writing lately. It's been a busy week and we finally have our new furniture in the front room. 


Backing up to yesterday, I started my Tuesday with some delicious overnight oats that I made with honey-flavored Greek yogurt and it was a definite success! Plus, I topped everything with bananas and strawberries. YUM.




Jamers and I did Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred on Monday and after a weekend of drinking and making bad food choices, I really gave it 110%, which was great except for the fact that when I woke up on Tuesday, my lower back pain had returned!


I had to sit on a pillow and a heating pad all day at work yesterday, which meant there was no way I was going to attempt a strenuous workout. I could hardly help Jamieson push (not lift) our new furniture around the room.


Anyway, lunch was a Southwestern salad that consisted of a mixture of spinach and romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, black beans, avocado and oil & vinegar. It was a good lunch that kept me full and tasted delicious. Black beans may be my new food obsession!




Back at the Prala household that night, we got our furniture situated and Seth promptly claimed the new swivel chair as his napping area. Kind of cute, but my lint roller is certainly going to be put to good use in the coming future.




I will take some better pictures of the room soon!


After taking a bubble bath and sleeping on my heating pad for most of the night, my back felt immensely better this morning, but I didn't want to push it, so my workout consisted of a 'Friendship Walk' with Brooke and Traci to the Circle and back - essentially our favorite workout activity. We do walk briskly and the hot weather keeps us sweating. Then we all did some good stretching back at the fitness center!


I had yet another salad for today's lunch. For this one I pretty much threw together whatever I could find in my fridge: spinach, cherry tomatoes, green pepper, mushrooms, feta cheese, chick peas, oil & vinegar. For my side I had more green peppers and hummus.




The flavors were a perfect 10!


Dinner tonight was 'Light' Chicken Enchiladas which I found the recipe for in the Food Network Magazine from August 2012. We enjoyed this dish and felt good about our choice to make it (rather than taking our typical Hump Day trip to La Hacienda) because we made our own enchilada sauce from scratch and knew exactly what went into it: jalapenos, garlic, thyme, EVOO, tomatoes and a little salt. 




My eyes were bigger than my stomach, and I only ate one of those bad boys, so you know what that means...leftovers for tomorrow's lunch! And yes, you'll note that we had black beans as a side. I told you I am becoming obsessed.


I hope everyone is having a great week. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Chick-fil-A is STILL fast food, I think people are forgetting that. The food you make looks so healthy and yummy. I tried your Asian lettuce wrap recipe and it was a big hit. I love black beans too, especially with brown rice or on salads. :)

    ReplyDelete