Monday, July 16, 2012

Fortress of Solitude

Hello, and Happy Monday to all! Yesterday finished out a fun (and surprisingly productive!) weekend for Jamers and me. 

We got a lot done with the office, which is coming together quite nicely. Jamieson put a display shelf together, we placed some furniture in some places, decided what we wanted to hang on the walls and where, though we haven't hung anything yet, and we bought some odds and ends including a curtain and curtain rod, and a new table that is being put together as we speak!




To the left you'll see the shelf we received as a wedding gift (in September!) and finally got put together. The chair is not our first choice for my 'reading corner', but we jazzed it up with a new off-white pillow that the cat has already grown quite fond of. Plus we bought the magazine rack yesterday to make the corner look a little more inviting. It will look even better once the new table is there. You can't see it very well, but the Colts painting in the middle was a gift from Jamieson's parents that is at least over a year old and needs to be hung ASAP.




This is my quaint little desk area. We bought the chair yesterday at Value City for ~$20! I'm sitting in it now, and it's pretty comfy for such a cheap price!


More pictures to come. I'll be sure to get pictures of all the little details I know you guys care about. :-) I absolutely love what Jamieson and I have done with this room. It is really peaceful and I feel instantaneously happy when I'm here. 


Dinner last night was Cajun Style Pasta Bake that was out of this world! Jamieson made enough to feed an army, so it was definitely packed for today's lunch, too!




The dish was made with bow-tie pasta, chicken breast, red & green peppers, green onions, cream of mushroom & cream of chicken soup and Monterrey-Jack cheese. DELISH. 


This morning I got going with my favorite breakfast dish, overnight oats and a big, strong cup of coffee. I was SO tired this morning. My alarm never went off and I ended up waking up about 35 minutes later than I typically do, but I still made it to work at a decent time.


I did participate in a lunch time fitness class, Pilates yet again and while my back didn't hurt nearly as much as it did last week at Boot Camp, I still feel like I need to take it easy for a few days. I think I will stick to a treadmill circuit tomorrow. Stay tuned.


For lunch I ate my leftover pasta bake with black grapes, an apple and some almonds. 


When I got home this evening, I decided that it was finally time for me to make a dinner since my husband had been doing all the cooking recently. We must be on a Cajun kick because tonight's dish was Cajun Shrimp Poboys! 



Look at all of that beautiful color! This was a simple and flavorful dish to prepare. All you do is heat EVOO in a large pan, toss 2T of Cajun  seasoning with 1 pound of peeled and de-veined shrimp and cook the shrimp for two minutes on each side. The sauce was just reduced fat mayo, pickled relish, capers and a ton of hot sauce. Then of course we got our veggie fix with garnish some as tomatoes, red onion and Romaine lettuce. Put it all on a whole-wheat Hoagie bun and you've got yourself a Poboy!

Wait until you see the Part 2 recipe I put together for tomorrow's lunch. I love left overs! Alright, well it's Monday evening, and you know what that means -- it is time for Gordon Ramsey overload with Hell's Kitchen and Master Chef.  

Until next time, I leave you with a fun print I found on Pinterest that I try to keep in mind at the beginning of every week:



No comments:

Post a Comment